Kunal Khemu or Kunal Kemmu, the Bollywood actor, started his career on television as a child artist and went on to become one of most famous child actors of the movie industry of his time. Let us take a look at his personal and professional lives.
Childhood & Personal Life
Kunal Khemu belongs to a Kashmiri Pandit family from Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, and he also has a younger sister Karishma Kemmu. Kunal’s parents Ravi and Jyoti Kemmu were also actors while his grandfather Moti Lal Kemmu was an eminent personality, a Kashmiri playwright who got many awards from the state government for his contribution in the field of art, culture and literature. Also read about, Jhanvi Kapoor, Anand Ahuja.
Kunal went to N. L. Dalmia High School, Mira Road, for schooling and for his higher studies, he opted for Amity University, Noida.
Kunal’s career in acting started when he was just 4 years old with Doordarshan serial, Gul Gulshan Gulfaam in 1987.
He made his movie debut with “Sir” in 1993 which was directed by Mahesh Bhatt. Later on, he worked as a child artist in many other movies, such as “Raja Hindustani”, “Zakhm”, “Bhai”, “Dushman”, and “Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke”.
His first flick as a lead actor was “Kalyug” in 2005 and then he was seen in “Traffic Signal”, “Dhol”, “Superstar”, “Dhoondte Reh Jaoge”, “Jai Veeru”, etc. However, his most famous role is of Laxman in the “Golmaal” series. Some of his other flicks are “Blood Money”, “Go Goa Gone”, “Bhaag Johnny”, “Guddu Ki Gun”, etc.
The actor dated actress Soha Ali Khan and till May 2013, they were in a live-in relationship.
In 2014, they got engaged and in 2015, they tied the knot. The couple is proud parents of a girl named as Inaaya Naumi Kemmu.
- Kunal Khemu was slammed by people for making a tattoo of Hindu Lord Shiva on his leg. Kunal argued that he never wanted to show any disrespect to the Lord, he got tattooed because he is devoted to Lord Shiva.
- Some time back there were rumours that things are not going well between Kunal and Soha but he denied all such rumours and it seems that they were incorrect.
Some more information about Kunal Khemu
- Kunal’s nickname is Chotu.
- He has a tattoo of Om Namah Shivaya on his back.
- He says that he would have become a musician or writer if not an actor.
- Sharmila Tagore, Kunal’s mother-in-law, gifted him a Rs. 9 crore flat as wedding gift.
- He loves to play cricket and football.
Kunal Khemu Wiki & Biography
- Name: Kunal Khemu (Kunal Kemmu)
- Date of Birth: 25 May 1983
- Age: 36 years
- Height: 5 feet 6 inch
- Weight: 65 kg
- Birth Place: Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India
- Nationality: Indian
- Religion: Hindu
- School: N. L. Dalmia High School, Mira Road
- College: Amity University
- Educational Qualification: Graduate
- Wife: Soha Ali Khan
- Father: Ravi Kemmu
- Mother: Jyoti Kemmu
- Sister: Karishma Kemmu
- Daughter: Inaaya Naumi Khemu
- Skin Color: Wheatish
- Home Town: Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India
- Hobbies: Travelling & cooking
- TV Acting Debut (Child Artist): Gul Gulshan Gulfam (1987)
- Bollywood Debut (Child Artist): Sir (1993)
- Bollywood Debut (Lead Actor): Kalyug (2005)
- Favourite Food: Rogan Josh, Chinese cuisine, Crème Brulee and sizzler
- Favourite Actress: Kareena Kapoor
- Favourite Actor: Ajay Devgn and Johnny Depp
- Favourite Place: London, Greece
- Salary: Rs. 1-2 crore per movie (approx.)
- Net Worth: Rs. $3 million (approx.)
- Instagram: khemster2