Kamal Haasan, the iconic actor who has amazed us many times with his mind-blowing performances, has turned 65 today. He has worked in movies of different languages; however mostly, he has worked in the Tamil Cinema.
Today on the blissful occasion of his birthday, we present some lesser-known facts about the legendary actor:
1. Parthasarathy Srinivasan is the name which was given to him by his parents.
2. Kamal was just six years of age when he made his debut in the film industry. He also earned the President’s Gold Medal for the role that he played at such a young age.
3. Kamal has won 19 Filmfare awards for the movies of different languages. It was the year 2000 when he asked the Filmfare authorities not to nominate him anymore so that young talent can also get the chance to win awards.
4. He played 10 roles in 2008 released movie Dashavatar which was registered as a record at that time.
5. Kamal Haasan is a multi-talented person as he is not just an actor but also a producer, director, technician, make-up expert, lyricist, dancer and singer.
6. His dedication towards his work could be understood by the fact that once he went to America in order to learn make-up techniques using prosthetics. He learnt it so that he could do his own make-up in one of his movies.
7. Kamal Haasan has managed to give silver jubilee movies in different languages – Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Hindi and Telugu.
8. He is very active in social service and he was among the first celebrities who took the oath of donating their organs after passing away.
9. He is the second Indian actor to be awarded Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Chevalier) by the French Government in the year 2016.
10. Kamal Haasan is a big fan of International star Jackie Chan and the Indian actor has suffered 32 fractures because he tried to copy stunts of Chan in his movies.