I use Nord VPN for streaming contents from Netflix’s USA catalogue and it works just fine. One of the best things about Nord VPN for first time users is that it offers a 30-day money back guarantee. If you end up figuring out that Nord VPN was not made for you, it’s fairly easy to receive a full refund by cancelling the subscription before your first recurring billing. I never wanted to cancel my Nord VPN subscription so for the sake of making this guide 100% valid, I went through the subscription cancellation process in a new account. To my surprise, I received a full refund even a day before my recurring billing date. If you have some spare cards, you can get a few months of Nord VPN for free (more on this in another guide, where I cover the steps for getting Nord VPN without paying a penny).
Recommended for you! How Cancel Twitch Prime by Unlinking Amazon Prime?
Cancel Nord VPN Subscription from Account Settings
- Head to the official Nord VPN website and sign in to your account.
2. Upon logging in, you will be redirected to the ‘Dashboard’ tab.
3. Click on the ‘3 dot’ icon accompanying the ‘Change Plan’ option and a drop-down menu will appear. From the menu, choose ‘Cancel Automatic Payments’. Confirm service cancellation in the pop-up window.
4. You have successfully turned off recurring billing for your Nord VPN subscription. It’s time to contact Nord VPN support and cancel your subscription.
5. The support representatives can be reached from the “Contact Us” page. Of the two options, stick to ‘Live Chat’ if you want your request to be processed at the earliest. Cancellation requests filed via email usually take longer to process.
6. Here comes the awkward part. With most of the subscription services, you will get a ‘Cancel Subscription’ button on the accounts page but with Nord VPN, you will need to contact the service desk and request the cancellation of your subscription manually by sending an email or reaching them out via ‘Live Chat’.
7. After sending the email, wait for at least 48 hours for your support ticket to be processed. The subscription amount will be refunded to your account within 2 days.
Cancel Nord VPN from Live Chat
If you opted for ‘Live Chat’, the customer support representative will ask you why you want to end your subscription but don’t be overwhelmed. They are just asking to see if there’s anything they can do to help you with any issue you may be facing. The representative will patch you through to the ‘Payments Department’, where your refund will be processed.
Cancelling Subscription by Email Request
If you contact the support via email, you will receive a reply in less than an hour. If you hadn’t mentioned the reason behind your cancellation request in your first message, a representative will ask the same in his reply. Therefore, you can expedite the whole refund process by mentioning your purpose for cancellation in that message you send from the official page. Your cancellation will be immediately processed as soon as the support agent figures out there’s nothing to be done on his part to stop you from withdrawing the subscription.